- Salt and pepper : one wear a black shirt with a big white P on it and the other wear a white shirt with a big black S on it!
- Soap on a rope : One be a box of soap and the other tie a bunch of rope around yourself!
- Cow boy and girl : pretty self explanatory. Jeans, boots, button up and a bandana
- Deer in the headlights : He can be the headlights, super easy if he just has some flashlights to carry around and the girl can the be the deer (doe) with some easy make up and a brown top!
- Piñata Party : the guy can be the piñata just cover him in post it notes and the girl can be the partier who is going to hit the piñata , just needs a blind fold, a party hat and to dress like a kid!
- Zombies : a little make up and some ripped up dirty clothes and you're good!
- Blue man group : well, just wear all blue! face and hands too! cover yourself in blue!
- The girl from nemo that shakes nemo when he is in the plastic bag : wear a purple shirt, hair in pig tails, you can use some foil to make the braces and a baggy with a fake gold fish inside!
- Mime : seems to be a popular one this year, just wear black and white and add some make up!
- Zombi : again, always an easy option
- Regina from mean girls : wear a colorful bra and a white tank top, cut circle in the tank top where the bra will be seen!
- Baseball player : Jersey, hat, long socks and a bat and you're good to go!
- Nerd : dress nerdy, glasses, pig tails, the works!
Of course there are all the basic ones like a cat and a tiger and so on but here are some that I thought were fun! Have a happy and SAFE halloween everyone!
xx Allison Brooks
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil , that I substituted for walnut oil from The Sun Oils because of the amazing benefits you get from walnut oil! Use my code VOGUEALAMODE to get 15% off!
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Two sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat a baking dish with cooking spray
- Heat walnut oil in a skillet over medium heat, add minced garlic and cook. stir for one minute and add chicken broth, lemon zest, juice, oregano, and thyme leaves. pour mixture into baking dish. season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in baking dish along with the lemon wedges and two sprigs of thyme
- Place into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes, drizzle pan sauce over meat for some extra flavor!
Pairs very well with some broccoli or asparagus, my favorite! Enjoy!
This year I decided to carve my pumpkin’s! Which believe me is a big deal because I hate the pumpkin guts so normally I paint them or glue stuff on them or something of that sort. I am so excited because I found a way to clean out the pumpkin guts in two minutes or less with no mess!!!!! Here’s what you’ll need:
•a hand mixer beater
Seriously that’s it! So here’s how you do it. You take your pumpkin and just like normal you cut the lid. Next you want to get your drill with the hand mixer beater on the end. It’s better if you use an old one just Incase! Then just start the beater inside the pumpkin! Make sure you go around the edges and get all the gunk! Once you’ve made your first pass scoop out the loose pumpkin guts and keep the seeds if you want to bake them! Take another pass with the beater in the pumpkin and you should be all set! You can even press the beater at the bottom of the pumpkin to create a dip that is a perfect place to sit the candle!!! Isn’t that crazy easy?!?! Oh and don’t forget, rub or spray some diluted bleach inside your pumpkin after you are finished carving your masterpiece, this will help your pumpkin last longer as the bleach does not allow bacteria to grow and decompose your pumpkin! Happy carving! Let me know if you guys have any other awesome pumpkin carving tips! Xx Allison
What’s your all‘s favorite fall trend this year? I must say I’m so glad that blush pink has made a come back this year! And shockingly mules have found their way into my wardrobe. Definitely a fall trend I didn’t think I’d like but now I just can’t get enough!! If you are anything like me I don’t like spending a lot of money on a trend for the season that I’m not sure I’ll even like later, so I’ve found some fabulous mules that are under a hundred dollars from express, target and other stores as well! Which I have all link via like to know it through my insta posts! Hint hint, if you’re reading this you are the first to know that I will be having a $150 target giveaway this month!!! Keep your eyes pealed on the insta for the info! Anywho! I’m so upset I haven’t made it to the pumpkin patch this year, so I decided if I can’t find someone to go with this week I’ll just go by myself! I love the apple cider slushies and those donuts mmmmm.... yes!! I can taste it all now! The classic hayride out to the pumpkin patch is also one of my favorites! Although I have a secret, I’m like terrified of the corn maze y’all!!! Please say I’m not a lone! I have this fear that I’ll totally get lost and be stuck in there for like hours, the mazes out here are no joke!!!! A couple years ago a lady called 911 because she got lost in a corn maze I kid you not!! Also has anyone else thought about the fact that another word for corn is maze? So like a corn maze could technically be like corn corn..... hahaha maybe I’m like a little sleep deprived but that totally made since in my head! And on that note I’m off to bed! Night everyone! xx Allison